FBROF Bye Laws
FEDERAL BANK RETIRED OFFICERS' FORUM (FBROF)
(An organizational wing of FBOA and constituent of AIBPARC )
(Registered under the Travancore Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act 1955 (1)No.ER.702/2009 BYE-LAWS (Amended up to 31/12/2014)
1. NAME The name of the Organization shall be Federal Bank Retired Officers' Forum (FBROF) and it shall hereinafter be referred to as "The Forum"
2. ADDRESS The Registered Office of the Forum shall be at Aluva. It will be functioning presently at FBOA Centre, FBOA Road, Aluva-683101
3. AREA OF OPERATION The area of operation of the Forum shall be all over India. The Forum will function from Aluva.
4. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES The Forum intends to function without profit motive as per the Travancore Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act No.12 of 1955. Any profit or surplus generated out of the activities will not be divided among the members and the Forum decides to function with the following main aims and objectives: (a) To organize and unite all retired officers of the Federal Bank (b) To look after the welfare of the members and their families (c) To co-ordinate its activities as an organizational wing of the Federal Bank Officers' Association (FBOA) affiliated to All India Bank Officers' Confederation (AIBOC) and as a constituent of All India Bank Pensioners' And Retirees' Confederation (AIBPARC) and to strive for the unity of Retired Bank Officers. The Forum shall aim at the welfare of the retired officers and work for it. Improvements in pension scheme, extension of medical aid facilities and other benefits as applicable to serving officers shall be given top priority. (d) To enter into other activities which are beneficial to the members (e) To stand above the limitations of Caste, Religion, Economic status and Political inclinations of its members. (f) To foster equality, brotherhood and comradeship among the members. (g) To work for the economic, cultural and social development of the members. (h) To try for organizing Reading rooms, Libraries, Publications and Discussion Forums (i) To do suitable charitable activities among the public for the benefit of economically and socially weak persons.
5. MEMBERSHIP (a) Eligibility All officers of The Federal Bank Limited who retired from service on superannuation/ who voluntarily retired from service/who were compulsorily retired/who resigned from service after considerably long years of service /whose
-: 2 : services were terminated after considerably long years of service by the Bank for any reason whatsoever and who are Associate Members of The Federal Bank Officers’ Association are eligible to apply for membership of the Forum (b) Admission 1. Persons eligible as per 5 (a) above shall apply for membership in the prescribed application form immediately on retirement/cessation from the service. 2 The Executive Committee of the Forum shall consider the applications for membership in its meeting held after the receipt of the application/s and shall have powers to accept or reject any application for membership or postpone a decision to the subsequent meeting. However, the decision shall be conveyed to the applicant within one month of such meeting/s. 3. Every retired officer desirous of becoming a member of the Forum shall remit a life membership fee of Rs. 3500/- and Associate membership fee Rs. 500/-(payable to FBOA), thus making total fee payable at the time of admission to Rs. 4000/-. However, existing members as on 31-03-2008 have the option to continue with the annual subscription of Rs. 200/-. (c ) Default in payment of subscription. If any member who was admitted on or before 31.03.2008 and who opted to continue subscription annually, defaults payment of such annual subscriptions for three years, such member shall automatically be removed from the membership of the Forum. He can seek re-admission on payment of a re-admission fee of Rs.100 and life membership fee as prescribed in 5.b.3 above (d) Transfer of membership The membership of the Forum cannot be transferred (e) Termination of membership The Executive Committee shall have powers to terminate the membership of any member after giving a ‘show cause’ notice giving 30 days’ period for submission of reply by the member and after examining the explanations submitted by the member and after being convinced that the member committed any/all of the following: 1) The member has not been working in conformity with the rules and regulations of the Forum. 2) The member has been working against the ethics, policies and/or interests of the Forum
In the instance of removal from the membership of the Forum, the admission fee, the membership fee and the membership fee for associate membership of FBOA paid by the member will not be refunded. Such removal of a member from the Forum shall be placed in the ensuing General Meeting of the Forum.
6.A GENERAL BODY
1. General Body of the Forum shall be constituted by all members of the Forum whose names appear in the Membership Register. 2. Annual Meeting of the General Body shall be convened during the month of July every year. The meeting
- : 3 : shall be convened by the General Secretary as per the decisions of the Executive Committee, giving a notice of 21 days to the members. 3. Extraordinary General Meeting can be convened after giving 10 days notice to the members, to take Decisions on any urgent matter, as decided by the Executive Committee. 4. The quorum for the General Body Meetings shall be 20% of the total members or a minimum of 150 members, whichever is less, as per the Membership Register as on 30th June of the year. 5. The agenda of Biennial General Body meeting shall, inter-alia, include the following: (i) Passing of accounts of the preceding Financial Year (Income & Expenditure account, balance sheet etc), along with Audit reports (ii) General Secretary’s report for the year. (iii) Election of office-bearers and Executive Committee members for the succeeding two years. (Applicable in the alternate years) (iv) Installation of new office bearers and Executive Committee Members (Applicable in the alternate years) 6. The President or in his absence Vice-President shall preside over the General Body meetings. If both President and Vice-President are not available, Executive Committee shall nominate a suitable person to preside over the meeting 7. Any member can raise any issue or move any resolution in the General Body meeting by giving a copy of the resolution or description of the issue to the General Secretary at least seven days before the proposed date of the meeting and the same can be passed only by a 2/3rd majority of the members registered for the meeting. 8 Any issue raised in the General Body meeting without notice shall be permitted at the sole discretion of the President of the meeting. 9. Every issue can be decided unanimously or by voting among members present. Decisions by way of official resolutions proposed by the Executive Committee shall be by simple majority of members present and voting except on matters pertaining to Winding up of the Forum as per Clause 14 or amendment of ByeLaws as per clause No.15.(3) of the Bye-Laws. Voting can be by show of hands and if demanded by a minimum of ten members, by secret ballot. The decisions of the President of the meeting on the conduct of the General Body meeting shall be final and binding on all members.
6 B. ELECTIONS 1. Election of the office bearers and Executive Committee members shall be conducted biennially during the Biennial General Body meeting in the alternate years when elections are due. 2. Executive Committee shall appoint a Presiding Officer to conduct the elections and shall notify the same, while convening the Biennial General Body meeting. 3. The Presiding Officer shall take charge of the proceedings of the General Body meeting after completion of the normal business agenda and shall conduct the elections.
-:4:4. The Presiding Officer shall call for nominations in Form No. EL-1 from members seconded by at least one more member from the floor for each post. Withdrawals can be made in the floor itself. The order of elections will be for the post of President, Vice-President, General Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer, and six Executive Committee members who will constitute Executive Committee of the Forum. 5. If there is only one candidate for a post, such candidate shall be declared elected unanimously. If there are more candidates than the number of posts, elections shall be held by show of hands. If a minimum of ten members press for a poll, Presiding Officer shall order election by secret ballot. 6. The decision/s of the Presiding Officer in the election proceedings shall be final and binding on all members. 7. After the results of the Election are declared, the Presiding Officer shall, along with the outgoing office bearers, proceed to install the new office bearers and conclude the proceedings of the Election process.
7. ADMINISTRATION 1) In order to strengthen the activities of the Forum, the area of operation shall be divided into nine or more zones. For the time being there shall be 9 zones (four in Kerala and five outside Kerala). The elections of Zonal Secretaries shall be completed preferably within 30 days of the General Body, but in any case, not later than 60 days. For co-ordinating the activities in each Zone, the Forum shall have Zonal Secretaries in each Zone, duly elected in the respective Zonal Meeting of members, who will be in charge of the respective Zone. The four Zones in Kerala shall be Headquartered at Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, Kottayam and Kozhikode and the five Zones outside Kerala shall be Headquartered at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Bangalore.
If any post of Zonal Secretary remains vacant, such vacancies will be filled by the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall, from time to time, decide on the geographical composition of places falling under each Zone and the functional assignment of the Zonal Secretaries and shall report to the next AGM, if any changes/modifications are effected 2. The Administration will vest on 11 Executive Committee members (including President, Vice President, General Secretary, Joint Secretary and Treasurer, duly elected in the Biennial General Body Meeting). In addition to the 11 members, the President and General Secretary of the Federal Bank Officers’ Association (FBOA) will be Ex-Officio members of the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee, at its discretion, may nominate upto a maximum of two members to the Committee and such nomination shall be reported to the next Biennial General Body Meeting. The Executive Committee may nominate an Asst. Treasurer from among the Executive Committee Members. 3. Auditors: The General Body Meeting shall appoint two Auditors, who can be members of the Forum. Auditors shall examine the books of accounts and vouchers. The audit report may mention any extraordinary income and expenditure along with a reference to the budget 4) The Executive Committee has the powers to appoint sub - committees according to necessity and such sub- committees shall be solely controlled by the Executive Committee. 5) The quorum for the Executive Committee meeting shall be Seven. 6) The President will use his voting right only in case of a tie to give his casting vote.
-:5:7) The term of the Executive Committee and office bearers shall be two years from the date they assume charge till the date the new office bearers and Executive Committee are installed. The President, General Secretary and Treasurer can hold the same post only for two consecutive terms (4 years). They can be elected to the same post only after a break of one full term (2 years). 8) In the case of vacancies arising in the Executive Committee during its tenure, the remaining Executive Committee members shall have the right to co-opt members whose tenure shall be the remaining period of the original Executive Committee. 9) In the event of an Executive Committee member being absent in official meetings consecutively three times without satisfactory reasons, such member can be removed from the committee. 10) An Executive Committee member shall not have any financial liability towards the Forum 11) In the event of the President resigning the duties of the President shall be entrusted with the Vice-President temporarily and the Executive Committee shall accept the resignation. Vacancies in the Executive Committee, including those of the office bearers will be filled up, by co-option, as per clause (8) above. 12) Due to whatever reasons, if majority of the members of the Executive Committee submit their resignation, the General Secretary shall immediately convene a General Meeting and take necessary steps to fill up the vacancies. 13) The Executive Committee shall meet at least once in two months 14) The Executive Committee shall in every meeting, examine the income and expenditure account of the previous month/s and shall pass the same, if found reasonable and satisfactory. If any amount is found to be recovered from any member, steps shall be taken to recover the amount immediately 15) The Forum may borrow fund up to a maximum limit of Rs. 10 L from Financial Institutions/Banks for the benefit of the Forum after getting due approval from the Executive Committee. In such cases, loan documents shall be signed jointly by the President ,General Secretary and Treasurer.
8. OFFICE BEARERS/ THEIR DUTIES AND POWERS (1) President a) Oversee the administration of the Forum b) The records of all documents in favour of the Forum shall be in the name of the President in his official capacity as President of the Forum. c) Preside over the Executive Committee meetings and General Meetings d) In case the President is not able to be present in any meeting, the information shall be passed on to the Vice-President and General Secretary. (2) Vice President a) To preside over the meetings in the absence of the President and to fulfill the duties of the President b) To help the President in monitoring the general affairs of the Forum c) To do any other matters entrusted by the Executive Committee (3) General Secretary a) To carry out the day to day administration of the Forum under the supervision of the President b) To prepare, maintain and preserve all records and registers necessary for the smooth functioning of the Forum
- : 6 :
c) To take care of and administer all assets of the Forum. d) To manage the necessary day to day correspondence of the Forum e) To convene Executive Committee Meetings and General Meetings f) To prepare, present and preserve (1) Working reports, (2) Statements of Income & Expenditure, (3) Balance Sheet, (4) Reports of Executive Committee meetings and General Meetings and (5) Annual Budget g) Shall jointly with the Treasurer meet expenses for the administration of the Forum and for its day to day activities against proper vouchers, as per the budget or as per the approval of the Executive Committee h) Whenever any amount is spent exceeding the budget provisions, with the approval of the Executive Committee, the same shall be submitted as additional budget in the General Meeting and approval obtained i) Shall do other things authorized by the Executive Committee and/or General Body (4) Joint Secretary a) Assist the General Secretary in administration b) To fulfill the duties of the General Secretary in his absence c) To do other matters entrusted by the Executive Committee (5) Treasurer a) All responsibility with regard to money matters rests with the Treasurer b) To maintain proper accounts and records of all money collected by the Forum c) Official vouchers shall be signed by the Treasurer along with the General Secretary d) The Treasurer may keep Rs.10,000/- with him for any emergency day to day expenditure and any amount in excess of the same shall be deposited in the Bank of the Forum e) Treasurer shall keep necessary vouchers for any amount spent. f) Treasurer shall keep the bank pass books and Cheque books g) All receipts issued by the Forum shall be affixed with the official stamp of the Forum (6). Asst. Treasurer a) To assist the Treasurer to maintain proper accounts of the Forum b) To perform the duties of the Treasurer in his absence c) To perform any other duty/duties assigned by the Executive Committee
(7) Zonal Secretary a) Zonal Secretary shall look after the welfare of the members coming under his jurisdiction. b) He shall maintain close liaison with the Central Office and act as the Zonal representative of the Central office. c) He shall ensure that the decisions of the Central Office are properly conveyed to the members and implemented and feed backs are reported to the Central Office. d) He shall work in close liaison with the Area Secretaries and extend all support to them for the smooth running of the respective Areas.
- :7 :
9. WORKING FUND 1) Admission fee, Membership fee, any contributions received, grants if any received from the Government or any other source, any loans raised, any income received from the functioning of the Forum etc. will consist of the working fund of the Forum. 2) Subject to the approval of the Executive committee, contributions can be accepted for any general purpose or for any special purpose 3) Subject to the approval of the Executive Committee, the Forum can expand its working fund by exploring other sources of income.
10. SAVINGS/ SURPLUS OF THE FORUM All surpluses/savings of the Forum shall be deposited in the name of the Forum in a bank account authorised by the Executive Committee. The account can be operated by the Treasurer jointly with either President or General Secretary.
11. RECORDS TO BE MAINTAINED 1) A file containing the bye-laws of the Forum and certificates 2) Minutes book 3) Register of members 4) Receipt books 5) Income and Expenditure register, Day book, General Ledger 6) Register of all assets of the Forum 7) Pass books and Cheque books 8) Statement of Income and Expenditure 9) Notice book 10) File of correspondence 11) Inward / Outward register 12) Other registers, if any, required
12. LITIGATIONS OF THE FORUM 1) Any litigation, for or against the Forum, shall be conducted by the President/General Secretary of the Forum as decided by the Executive Committee 2) Any litigation connected with the Forum shall be under the jurisdiction of law courts in Ernakulam 3) The Executive Committee has the right to recover any money due to the Forum
13. DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS Any member of the Executive committee of the Forum, any member of the Forum or any employee of the Forum can be prosecuted under civil law or criminal law or under both, if it is found that any money belonging to the Forum is misused, any loss is caused to the Forum, any damage is caused to the assets of the Forum intentionally, any fraudulent papers/records are made to cause financial loss to the Forum in which any of the above are suspected to be involved.
- : 8:
14. RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR WINDING UP OF THE FORUM Members numbering not less than 75% of the total members can decide in the meeting to wind up the Forum . In the event of such a decision, the Forum shall be wound up immediately or on the particular date and time agreed upon for the same. The assets and liabilities of the Forum shall be decided upon and all liabilities shall be settled. Any surplus remaining shall not be divided among the members, but shall be entrusted with the Government or any similar organization in the territory.
15. OTHER MATTERS 1) The Federal Bank Retired Officers' Forum shall have a Registered Office, a name board and an official seal. For the sake of convenience , the Forum may conduct its day today affairs in any other place also with the approval of the Executive Committee. 2) In case of any doubt or dispute regarding any clause in the bye-laws, the decision of the Executive Committee will be final 3) The bye-laws can be amended in the Annual General Meeting or in an Extra Ordinary General Meeting which has the required quorum, convened after giving due notice as per clause Nos 6A (3) and 6A(7) informing the proposed amendment, provided the amendment is approved with 2/3rd majority of the members present. 4) The Forum will function as a society under the Travancore Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Society Registration Act No.12 of 1955. This bye-law was approved in the Executive Committee Meeting of The Federal Bank Retired Officers' Forum held on 14th October 2009 Subsequently amended / modified in the AGM held on 22.07.2012 and amended/modified in the Annual General Body held on 20-07-2014.
President General Secretary
News & Events
FBROF 21st NATIONAL CONFERENCE A GRAND SUCCESS
THANK YOU ALL OF OUR MEMBERS FOR MAKING OUR 21st NATIONAL CONFERENCE HELD AT ALUVA ON 19th JULY 2015 A GRAND SUCCESS - General Se..Read more...
FBROF proudly introduces its newly developed website.
FBROF proudly introduces its newly developed website. www.fbrof.com It will be inaugurated on 19th July 2015 by Mr. Paul Mundadan at Aluva.. ..Read more...